Pokémon Rumble Rush is an island-hopping, monster-capturing romp for iOS and Android
With the release of the (surprisingly fun) movie Detective Pikachu ,Pokémon is once again in the popular consciousness. And license holderThe Pokémon Company is trying to capitalize on that by releasing the free-to-play Pokémon Rumble Rush for mobile devices.
Pokémon is a huge global franchise that spans different mediums: games, anime, books, and over a dozen animated films. But the mobile games are usually simpler than the role-playing entries on Nintendo consoles. Rumble Rush is the latest in the Rumble spin-off franchise , one that originally started on the Wii. Other Pokémon mobile games include the popular Pokémon Go (it brought in$65 million in April alone), Pokémon Duel,Pokémon Quest, and Pokémon: Magikarp Jump.
In Rumble Rush, you explore different islands filled with the iconic creatures, and battle them with your partner Pokémon by tapping on the screen.
After each fight, enemy Pokémon have a chance of joining your team. Defeating the Super Boss on each island will also reward you with items that you can use to improve your Pokémon. Rumble Rush is available now on Google Play in Australia, with a worldwide release to follow for other Android and iOS users later this year.
The next games in the mainline RPG series are Pokémon Sword and Shield , both of which are coming to Nintendo Switch in 2019.
- Niantic reportedly raising $200M at $3.9B valuation
- Switch 终于也能「捉精灵」了：精灵宝可梦 Let's Go
- [Update: Trainer Battle details revealed, landing soon] Pokemon Go launching long-awaited p...
- Pokémon GO is finally getting player-versus-player battles. Here’s how they’ll work
- 官方发话，Pokemon GO 将要加入 PvP 对战模式
- 'Pokémon Go' is finally getting the key feature that players have wanted for years — the ab...
- Niantic confirms that Pokémon GO is getting PvP battles “soon”
- Report: Samsung may invest $40M in ‘Pokemon Go’ creator, preload games on its phones
- 被Pokemon Go游戏刷屏后，也许我们离和皮卡丘一起生活不远了
- Gleb Bahmutov: When I First Saw the Cypress.io Test Runner, I Knew It Was Special
- Speeding up Security Investigations with Drilldown
- io.EOF 设计的缺陷和改进
- Solo.io wants to bring order to service meshes with centralized management hub
- Historical data analytics with Logz.io
- Designing an end-to-end encrypted CI/CD pipeline with Keybase.io
- Clean.io raises $2.5M to fight malicious advertising
- Exploring Elasticsearch Vulnerabilities
- Logz.io and Microsoft Azure: A Proud Partnership in Open Source