Understanding Twitter's Timeline Algorithm to Make Your Brand Stand Out in 2019 [infographic]
As more social platforms switch to algorithm-defined feeds to maximize engagement, it's important for social media marketers to also up their knowledge of such systems, and ensure they know how and why things appear as they do to users.
But algorithms are, almost by design, complex. They take into account a wide range of individual usage factors and trends to try and predict what each person will want to see. Because of this, there's no magic formula that will ensure you reach every potential user you'd like to, but by having a better understanding of the process, you can consider the best approaches, and improve performance.
Twitter, which introduced its feed algorithmback in 2016, is one such platform that you need to have an understanding of. In the infographic below, the team from Digital Marketing World have provided an overview of Twitter's feed control elements, and the factors which influence where tweets show up in user streams.
Again, there's no magic formula to beat the system, but it's a good reminder of the elements at play, which you can use in your strategic approach.
A version of this post was first published on the Digital Information World blog .
- 5 Types of Stories Brands & Marketers Should Be Using by @https://twitter.com/seocopychick
- twitter-bootstrap – Bootstrap 3.0：响应列重置文档部分
- twitter-bootstrap – Bootstrap – 如何在列表/标签中使用图标？
- Twitter’s support form leaked phone number country codes to IPs in China and Saudi
- New malware pulls its instructions from code hidden in memes posted to Twitter
- A Look at Some of 2018’s Most Popular Cryptocurrency Traders
- Facebook and Twitter Upheaval: How Social Media Marketing Changed in 2018
- $3k Bug Bounty - Twitter's OAuth Mistakes