Lightspeed hires 5 new partners from Slack, Twitter and more
one of the best-performing VC firms in Silicon Valley, is closing out 2018 with a slew of new hires.
The firm has brought on five additional investing partners: Jana Messerschmidt, Ashley Brasier, Merci Victoria Grace (pictured above), Jerry Ye and Jay Madheswaran. Neetzan Zimmerman, a former senior editor at Gawker, has also joined as vice president of growth, as first reported by Forbes .
The additions are 50 percent female, a good move for Lightspeed, which like many VC firms, has been long short on female partners. Founded in 2000, Lightspeed has had just two female partners, Nicole Quinn and Natalie Luu, who joined in 2016 and 2018, respectively.
Two of its newest hires, Messerschmidt and Grace, are particularly active advocates of women in tech, too.
Jana Messerschmidt, one of Lightspeed’s newest partners
Messerschmidt joins fromwhere she was vice president of global business development and platform. She’s also held business and engineering roles atand and is a co-founder of #Angels, a group of early-stage investors focused on getting more women on cap tables . Messerschmidt already has a number of consumer tech companies in her portfolio, including Bird, Winnie, Carrot, TruStory and Cameo.
Brasier, also tapped to support Lightspeed’s consumer investing practice, joins straight out of Stanford Business School. Before that, she was a manager at on-demand services marketplace Thumbtack, where she ran the events and weddings category.
On top of that, Lightspeed has poached Slack’s head of growth Merci Victoria Grace, who’s also a founder of Women in Product , a community for women in the field that has grown to 5,000 members since 2015. She’ll join the firm’s enterprise team.
Ye, a founding partner and former head of data science ata data-focused venture firm, will support Lightspeed’s growth team and will help support the firm’s data science practice. Madheswaran, for his part, will specialize in open source and cloud software. He was most recently at Lightspeed portfolio companywhere he was a founding engineer and head of product engineering.
Finally, the firm has brought on Zimmerman, the former Gawker editor, as VP of growth. Until recently, he was a senior director of audience and strategy at The Hill. Previously, he was editor-in-chief of Whisper, a Sequoia-backed AI-enabled storytelling platform.
The hiring news comes hot off the feels of Lightspeed’s$1.8 billion fund announcement. The pool of capital is the 18-year-old firm’s largest to date.
Lightspeed, the first institutional investor to throw support behind Snap, has also written early checks toandwhich both completed successful IPOs this year.
- Report: Slack is prepping an IPO for next year, with Goldman Sachs as its lead underwriter
- Lightspeed hires 5 new partners from Slack, Twitter and more
- Workato raises $25M for its integration platform
- Deep learning Slack bot Meeshkan wins Slush 100 startup competition
- Python and Slack: A Natural Match
- This Japanese extension will disguise Twitter as Slack so you can pretend to work
- How Slack's CTO survived 2 failed game startups and a painful sale to Yahoo to build a $7.1...
- Coda’s rules-based Automations feature automates repetitive tasks
- Microsoft acquires Botkit creator XOXCO
- BitMEX首席执行官：牛市是真的 市场目前处于上升趋势的迹象||Fun twitter
- 万卉：有人在Bitstamp挂了5000个BTC的卖单|Fun twitter
- 币安赵长鹏： 币安将把冷热钱包里所有的ERC20币安币转换成原生BEP2币|Fun twitter
- Thomas Lee：只要比特币低于1万美元 人们就会有踏空心理|Fun twitter
- Bitfinex CTO Paolo Ardoino ：Bitfinex 能在10天内通过私募筹集10亿美元|Fun twitter
- 5 Types of Stories Brands & Marketers Should Be Using by @https://twitter.com/seocopychick
- twitter-bootstrap – Bootstrap 3.0：响应列重置文档部分
- twitter-bootstrap – Bootstrap – 如何在列表/标签中使用图标？
- Twitter’s support form leaked phone number country codes to IPs in China and Saudi
- New malware pulls its instructions from code hidden in memes posted to Twitter