Twitter CEO Says Its a Matter of Time for Lightning Network to Come to Cash App
The CEO of Twitter and Square, Jack Dorsey, has said that the company’s Cash App will integrate Bitcoin’s Lightning Network and that it’s only a matter of time for it to happen.
“When” Not “If”
Square’s mobile payment service – the Cash App, available for both Android and iOS, will eventually integrate Bitcoin’s scaling solution – the Lightning Network.
This was revealed by the company’s CEO – Jack Dorsey during a podcast held by Stephan Livera. The discussion called Bitcoin: Native Currency of the Internet also involved the CEO of Lightning Labs – Elizabeth Stark.
During the discussion, Dorsey said that LIghtning Network coming to Cash App is only a matter of “when” and not of “if.”
Commenting on LN integration, Dorsey outlined:
We have this massive seller network of small and medium, and large businesses. […] We would love to make it as fast and efficient, and transactional, as possible. That includes looking at our seller base and our register. It’s not an “if”, it’s more of a “when”. How do we make sure we’re getting the speed that we need and the efficiency.
There was also a brief discussion over the so-called “Lightning Torch.” As My Bitcoin News reported earlier today, Jack Dorsey recently became one of its recipients.
Cash App and Bitcoin
Square’s cash app announced state-wide support for Bitcoin trading in all of the US states in August last year.
Square also managed to acquire a BitLicense by the New York State Department of Financial Services (NYDFS).
Furthermore, the company’s advance in the field of cryptocurrencies, namely Bitcoin, propelled Square’s share prices. The total market capitalization of Square is currently higher than that of the social media giant – Twitter, according to data brought by Yahoo Finance.
Have you used Square’s Cash App? What about the Lightning Network? Share your thoughts down below
Cover photo by Flickr
- 物物渠道时代 ：AIoT生态已至 | 保险新渠道（四）
- Why Your Stomach May Hold the Key to Your Mental Performance
- iOS’s Shortcuts feature will come to macOS, but what about Automator?
- 装机必备！这个工具箱应用能满足你 99% 的需要
- Samsung Galaxy Fold review: broken dream
- watchOS 6愿望清单：你期待WWDC上看到什么呢？
- If you value your privacy, switch to Signal as your messaging app now
- BlackBerry Messenger is shutting down after nearly 14 years (unless you pay)
- 5 Types of Stories Brands & Marketers Should Be Using by @https://twitter.com/seocopychick
- twitter-bootstrap – Bootstrap 3.0：响应列重置文档部分
- twitter-bootstrap – Bootstrap – 如何在列表/标签中使用图标？
- Twitter’s support form leaked phone number country codes to IPs in China and Saudi
- New malware pulls its instructions from code hidden in memes posted to Twitter
- A Look at Some of 2018’s Most Popular Cryptocurrency Traders
- Facebook and Twitter Upheaval: How Social Media Marketing Changed in 2018
- $3k Bug Bounty - Twitter's OAuth Mistakes