Apple partners with VA to bring Health Records to veterans
Apple announced this morning it has partnered with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) to make the Health Records feature on iPhones available to veterans. The deal will allow the veterans to view their medical information across participating institutions, including the VA, organized in the Apple Health app.
These health records include allergies, conditions, immunizations, lab results, medications, procedures and vitals, and will be displayed alongside other information, like Apple Watch data. This gives VA patients a more comprehensive view of their medical history and health data, Apple says.
The medical information is also secured through encryption and protected by the iPhone user’s passcode, Touch ID or Face ID.
Apple was reported to be in discussions with the Department of Veterans Affairs about this deal back in November of last year. At the time, it was said that in addition to the health record integration on iPhones, Apple would provide engineering support to the agency.
The partnership is a big win Apple, as it provides the iPhone maker a means of reaching the over 9 million veterans currently enrolled in the VA’s system across 1,243 facilities. It also represents another success by the company in terms of getting health care institutions to support its health records feature on iPhone. Today, that list includes a growing number of hospitals and clinics , across the U.S.
The Health Records feature on the iPhone will be the first record-sharing platform like this available the VA, Apple also noted,
“We have great admiration for veterans, and we’re proud to bring a solution like Health Records on iPhone to the veteran community,” said Tim Cook, Apple CEO, in an announcement about the new partnership. “It’s truly an honor to contribute to the improved healthcare of America’s heroes.”
“When patients have better access to their health information, they have more productive conversations with their physicians,” added Jeff Williams, Apple’s COO. “By bringing Health Records on iPhone to VA patients, we hope veterans will experience improved healthcare that will enhance their lives.”
A number of tech companies over the years have tried to offer platforms for centralizing health records, but have faced challenges because of the fragmentation across the industry as well as other technical challenges.
- 苹果推 iOS 12.1.2 正式版，国行版的 iPhone 有点不一样
- 年度十大作者揭晓，这是你今年在钛媒体最最最值得记住的名字 | 2018T-EDGE Awards
- 在美国生产 iPhone 可行吗？乔布斯当年的尝试就说出了答案
- 高通：苹果即使更新软件 仍然违反中国法院禁令
- Qualcomm Claims Apple is Still Violating Chinese Court Order Despite Software Update to Rem...
- 苹果挖来特斯拉高级设计师 再次引发苹果开发汽车猜测
- On Ghost Users and Messaging Backdoors
- Apple's price hikes went way too far in 2018 (AAPL)
- iphone – 与核心数据等效的GROUP BY
- iphone – IOS 6屏幕旋转,不使用故事板
- iphone – ：CGAffineTransformInvert：奇异矩阵
- iphone – UITapGestureRecognizer的问题
- iphone – UITableViewCell的DetailTextLabel为null,缺少什么？
- iphone – Objective C足够快,可用于DSP /音频编程
- iphone – Objective-C表单框架
- iphone – 如何使用捏缩放(UIPinchGestureRecognizer)来改变UITextView的宽度？
- URLWithString为资源路径返回nil – iphone
- iphone – 当webview大于屏幕时,将UIWebview内容转换为UIImage