Jeff Bezos just cashed in $1.8 billion worth of Amazon shares, in what could be his biggest...
Jeff Bezos just sold a whole bunch of Amazon stock.
According to Amazon filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission on Wednesday night, Bezos dumped 965,612 shares in the final three days of July, at a value of around $1,900 per share.
That means the world's richest man just bolstered his cash reserves by more than $1.8 billion. Bezos' total net worth stands at $117 billion, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index.
Forbes said the sell-off could be Bezos' largest in dollar value since he founded Amazon in 1994 and grew the online retailer into a near-trillion dollar company.
The 965,612 shares represented 1.6% of his total holding in Amazon, which now stands at 58,142,479 shares following the July sell-off.
Bezos said last year that he liquidates $1 billion of Amazon stock every year to pay for his rocket company, Blue Origin. "The only way I can see to deploy this much financial resource is by converting my Amazon winnings into space travel," he said in an interview with Axel Springer CEO Mathias Dopfner.
It is not known if the cash from his July sale will also be put towards Blue Origin. An Amazon spokesman did not immediately respond to Business Insider's request for comment.
- Amazon makes its music streaming service free with ads
- Salesforce, AWS expand partnership to bring Amazon Connect to Service Cloud
- 為了 S3 的安全性，亞馬遜 AWS“操碎了心”
- 亞馬遜推免費流媒體音樂服務 Spotify股票應聲下跌5%
- Ohi raises $2.75M to power same-day delivery for brands that aren’t Amazon
- Amazon cuts the price of the Google Pixel 3a to $299
- 680 頁的雜誌定價 1 日元，他們為什麼要“白送”？
- 亞馬遜大舉進軍物流領域 遭到歐盟反壟斷監管機構審查
- Convoy raises $400 million at $2.75 billion valuation to make freight trucking more efficient
- Amazon founder Jeff Bezos interested in owning NFL team, has strong support among current o...
- Jeff Bezos reportedly called Michael Bloomberg and asked him if he would run for president ...
- Revolution closes its second Rise of the Rest fund with $150 million
- 短暫失去“世界首富”頭銜 貝索斯重新登頂
- It looks like Jeff Bezos is about to lose his spot as the world’s richest person to Bill Gates
- 亞馬遜市值蒸發800億 貝索斯：繼續燒錢
- Jeff Bezos Is No Longer The Richest Person In The World
- 亞馬遜兩年來首次盈利下降 重磅假日季指引遜色 盤後大跌 貝索斯讓出首富寶座
- 外媒：若亞馬遜被要求分拆 貝索斯將會讓雲端計算和電商