BlockChain in Crowdsourcing
Crowdsourcing aDecentralized Petition System
Sourcing of ideas, information from masses to solve a problem is very effective. One such interesting area where it can be utilized is the online Petition System.
In simple words, a petition is a formal statement signed by many people, appealing an authority in respect of a particular cause.
Problems with the existing centralized petition systems:
- They hide the signature, not allowing the information of people who supported the campaign, fooling the audience.
- Have been accused of selling personal data for money.
- Vulnerable to manipulate the data of masses relating to particular campaign under Political pressure / Money.
If any of the above things happen, then what was made for highlighting/solving people problem, could actually become a curse for them.
As it is such a big thing, data of petition signers matters a lot, it needs to be secured, it needs to be decentralized, and hence it needs to be on the BlockChain. This data will help us in getting the correct numbers, sentiments of the people, which can then be utilized by the authorities in the ethical way to address those issues.
In the coming lines, I will explain the tech architecture of the platform and the progress made so far:
Architecture overview :
When a user hits the url of the DApp which is served from AWS S3(SPA Hosting) via Cloud Front. Loaded DApp in Browser communicates with the Smart Contract on Nebulas BlockChain via Nebulas Web Extension Wallet and uses NebPay Sdk for it. Less important data can be obtained using AWS Lambda & API Gateway from AWS Cloud.
Write process across all the Nodes of Nebulas takes some time, so Nebulas Server is used to keep the transaction details, which are later used to retrieve info regarding the status of transactions.
Code level in-depth overview can be found in this post . The architecture explained here is almost similar to what discussed here.
Best Architecture Award: The architecture presented above got selected for the best architecture award at the Accenture BlockChain Hackathon organized in Bangalore, India on 25th August, 2018.
Looking forward to get contribution from the opensource community to take this project from working prototype to live stage.
- 区块链移动安全谈：小心钓鱼攻击！StrandHogg漏洞分析 | 火星技术帖
- Developing Blockchain Use Cases for CMU Coin
- 通告 | Eth2 更新速览 No.5
- Terra Bridge：比特币和以太坊跨链通证互传协议 | 火星技术帖
- 今日推荐 | 理解比特币白皮书：最远的路，或许是最快的路
- Santander Pays Dividend and Completes Tokenized Bond on Ethereum
- 今日推荐 | 顶尖风投A16Z合伙人：重新思考区块链计算层级